How the Wedding Dress Selection Process WorksThe selection of your Colorado wedding gown is a very important and personal decision. The tailoring of your Colorado wedding dress should compliment your figure and the style should reflect your personal taste. Since finding and fitting into the perfect wedding dress can take time, it's best to get started as soon as possible.
At d'Anelli Bridal & Special Occasion, we know that everything is easier to manage when you know what to expect. The following details will explain the entire wedding dress process so that purchasing your wedding gown, the most important garment in your life, can be as exciting and fun as it was intended to be.
- Call us to schedule a wedding dress consultation. We know time may be tight so we also welcome walk-ins. *Please note: walk-ins receive 1 hour with consultant. Appointments receive 1.5 hours. We recommend scheduling your appointment 3 weeks ahead.
- When you arrive you will be asked to fill out a bridal form. Then you and your party will be greeted by your consultant. *Please note: Seating is limited to 2 guests on Saturdays.
- Your consultant will show you your room where you and your consultant will discuss what you would like your dress to look like.
- You will be given a tour of our store. Then you and your consultant will find the initial 6 gowns for you to try on based on what you believe you want.
- Your friends and family will be seated in preparation to see you in each wedding gown you have chosen.
- Friends and family are more than welcome to take photos for you. If your coming to try on alone, your consultant can take photos for you…so don’t forget your camera!
- You will then try on the wedding gowns to find what you like and don’t like about each wedding gown.
- If you haven’t found the perfect gown yet, your consultant will bring more gowns to you based on your feedback from each of the other wedding gowns you've tried on.
- Once you have found your wedding gown, your consultant will find the perfect veil, headpiece, jewelry, and shoes to complete your look.
CONGRATS…YOU FOUND YOUR WEDDING GOWN!
The Fitting and Ordering Process
- Now that you've found your wedding gown, we will measure you in the dressing room. We always double measure to ensure that we order the size that will best fit you. None of the wedding dress designers base their sizes off of ready to wear sizes, so we always measure! We will explain to you where your measurements put you for that particular designer. We will suggest to you the size that will fit you best, but you, as the bride, has the final decision on what size you want to order.
- Then we will go over the full contract with you and place the order.
- The wedding gowns take 4-4.5 months to arrive. Some of our designers carry some dresses in stock, so don’t worry if your wedding is soon…if the designer has the gown that you love in stock or if it’s in production you can get a gown quicker!
- We can also sell some of our gowns off the floor!
- We can also place a rush on an order to get a gown in quicker if needed!
- We will call you once your gown comes in and arrange for you to come in within 7 business days to inspect your gown. For the inspection, you need to look over your gown and also try it on. We have you do both to insure that we have received what we ordered.
- An alteration appointment will be scheduled for you. We can store the wedding gown at our store until the your alterations appointment. As the bride, you will work with 1 seamstress and you will typically have 2 fittings.
- For the first appointment the bride needs to have her shoes and undergarments and she will be pinned for a perfect fit.
- Then for the second fitting you will try on the gown to ensure that the fit is perfect. You also need to bring a friend to learn how to do the bustles for the train.
- We can store the wedding gown until the wedding date. We will press the wedding gown the week of the wedding and the gown will be available for the bride to pick up on the date that she chooses.
- We will pack the wedding gown for the bride and give her instructions on how to travel with the gown and the do’s and don’t of what to do with the gown once it’s been pressed.
At d'Anelli Bridal & Special Occasion we want every moment you spend preparing for your big day to be as memorable and enjoyable as possible. With d'Anelli you can expect exceptional from start to finish.